Edison Nation LLC - Edison Nation

Mar 22, 2011
review #228076

Please consider this Inventors....According to a quote in Ruters, "We're really greasing the rails.

We're making it easier for those great ideas to finally get in the hands of companies," said Foreman, CEO and co-founder of Edison Nation, a search service that matches retailers' product requests with inventions.

Edision Nation, owned by Louis Foreman is sending out emails, I got one, to their insiders and publishing on the internet the 25 million Dollar innovation fund. Just read it, it sounds great, WRONG! BEWARE! Edison Nation are preying on the uninformed inventor and asking for idea submissions for the low fee of $25 per idea.

If the "Select" their idea, because they have a Magic Mirror for predicting success, Edison Nation may invest 250k to develop it. Here is where you need to see the BS in this contest. First if all your $25 will go into the Edision Nation Pocketbook. Second, how can Edison Nation possibly evaluate an idea for $25.

Third You should be concerned that others may submit the same idea as you and Edison Nation may overlook your idea. Face it we invenotrs are mostly improving the products that exist in the marketplace so do you really think they will do their homework? I don't. Edison Nation is hoping you say what most people will, its only $25 so what the *** it better than spending thousands.

For every thousand people who feel this way, Edison Nation will receive $25,000. Essentially you are buying a $25 dollar lottery ticket, oh and by the way the lottery is a money making machine too. I don't doubt you will here Edison Nation is going to invest in a few of these $25 dollar ideas, they will have to to keep up this scam. I expected much more from the company who sends me emails on a regular basis.

This one made my stomach sick, now I question the integrity of Edison Nation.

I'm not buying it, especially from a guy who ownes an invention promotion company, a magazine, a TV show.Its all about making money and this is just another way to take invenotrs money.

ab5ea08
Had an experience with Edison Nation LLC?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Joemomma

Nov 19, 2013

Edison Nation can only be described with a four letter word: FRAUD oh, wait a minute, This other four letter word perhaps fits them best: SCAM

0 1 Reply
Yanni Rock

Jun 06

Um, check your letter count on the word "fraud" there, genius. What a "looser".

burned

Oct 03, 2013 Chicago, Illinois

Yes this sure does seem like a scam I submitted 2 inventions. The first one was wanted by people all over the world with one potential order of 350,000 units after seeing the prototype and is also wanted by two big box stores by showing it at the housewares show. I have been working on this for 5 years . I did not send them the specs until I passed the IP I them sent out specs/design on a Saturday afternoon and on Monday morning got a red x on research and development . I would like to know how that is possible when did they have time for research or development? I believe they have no feelings and can devastate anyone for their own benefit. There are many other places this product was needed and people have been waiting for me to find manufacturing for a long time. I cannot find a reputable manufacturer. I have been through only two but am afraid to try again and that is why I went to EN. Please be very careful in dealing with these people and we need to get the government involved something is very wrong!

C

Aug 05, 2012

I am a member there. I would not call them a scam. If they ever stole my idea I WILL sue and/or will go on every media on God's green earth to warn others. The one thing I can say about them is, don't go in thinking your idea is great and this is it, they will choose it. I have NO idea what they're looking for. You'll submit a great idea and it never makes it to level 4. And they don't offer feedback unless it made it to Level 7. I really hope they change that (becuz if they did I wouldn't be here writing why I'm confused mine didn't make it; their explanation would've made me understand). And it is true, 1 in every thousand or few thousand gets their idea chosen. You have a very slim chance. IMO they also don't seem to like to take on anything too expensive to make. I submitted an awesome idea to the Innovation fund, and did so because the IF said it will invest about $250,000 to develop, market, etc the idea. I felt my idea needed more money than a $4 limit of the cost to make a product for the ASOTV market. I still did not make it :( I will keep trucking on but as I said I've not seen anything scam-like with them, I do feel that they are too narrow minded in what they/and the companies are looking for.

nana13

Jul 11, 2012

I totally agree with "Just my opinion 2". I also think that 20/20 or 48 Hours should look into doing an investagative story regarding this company and others like it!!!

Nana13

Jun 18, 2012

Question for TrillionaireNTheMaking (and whoever else was scammed by EN. I feel very sorry for those that got ripped off by EN. But why don't you have any recourse if your idea was stolen?

TrillionaireNTheMaking

Jan 24, 2012

As I read reviews online about Edison Nation, I came across a few that read almost verbatim to my experience with this company! I submitted an idea to them and it made it to the 3rd tier only to stop there. I thought ok, that's fine but THEN less than one year, I saw an advertisement for my same idea - right down the EXACT illustration mock ups, ad-copy and other information that I submitted directly to Edison Nation! I was floored and angry and hurt all at once. I contacted EN and they, of course, gave me the standard Plausible Den. rhetoric; however, both I and God know what transpired there. The problem may or may not be at the top levels of the company, but somewhere within their system they are flawed because someone within their company 'leaked' my idea (or just outright sold it) to another company for profit. I received nothing but broken dreams. Thank God I am not a quitter but DO NOT SEND YOUR IDEAS TO THIS COMPANY. This is the inventor's greatest nightmare. :roll

Edisonnation Stole My Inventio

Jan 24, 2012

I 'fell for it' once too and threw away $30 of good, hard-earned money. What I got in return? Less than one year later, my exact idea (right down to the mock up, design illustrations and ad-copy which I submitted to them along with my 'contest' submission. They, of course, gave the standard plausible Den. rhetoric but I and God knows what transpired. Someone within their company is not so honorable. Find another way fellow inventors.

Greg Bruce

Nov 21, 2011

Great business model Edison Nation! It takes an incredible amount of work to build the apparatus to service inventors as well as open innovation companies that I as an inventor appreciate. From the Inventors Digest mag. to the E.N. online forum to the Live Product searches to the Everyday
Edison television entertainment show Louis Foreman and his crew of young energetic accomplices are providing a spectrum of services.
I'm not sure what the math is but you can imagine there are hundreds of unviable ideas for every one viable idea. That shouldn't be a point of contention for the inventor to take personally but unfortunately many people are unaware of the dynamics involved and unwilling to accept that it's not Louis Foreman or E.N. but rather just simple market metrics that determine the success of their product.
Don't be a disgruntled loser. Be persistent and you will find that your will power has a bearing on those metrics. If not this first idea then maybe the next.

2 0 Reply
luisjrodriguez

Aug 17, 2013 Newark, New Jersey

The 'metrics' is what in good American English is referred to as Bovine Manure. The actual term is a little bit more vulgar. They are a scam. The "Business Model" is instead scamming a few out of a few dollars, scam thousands out of a few dollars. Nobody will be hurt enough to make a big deal out of it. Yeah, but in the deception people are also cheated out of thousands of hours preparing submissions and the crushing feeling of telling you six times they will bring your product to market only to come up with after the fact self serving stories. Edison Nation is a scam. Louis Foreman is a *** artist. A charlatan. My name is Luis Rodriguez and I have been a victim many, many, many times.

0 1 Reply
EX EN member

Jul 06, 2011

That is a SCAM I myself fell with the idea of making it. Spent almost $300 just to realize i was throwing that good money through the drain, I do not trust them AT ALL.
Sure one in a million may make it but their business is into preying into peoples pockets althought they make sure to say is to bring products to the market.
They have a top of the line web management that floods the internet with possitive image and notes, protecting their image... BEWARE, in my informed opinion IS A SCAM.
Use that money to do SOMETHING REAL.
Good Luck!

1 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Edison Nation LLC.
Filing a new complaint about
×